Question: ION330 support Dolby Digital 5.1 or DTS 5.1?(9/3/2009) Answer: ION330 can support Dolby Digital 5.1, DTS 5.1 and LPCM 7.1 only under Windows® Vista™ or later version.
Please refer to below steps to setting your system.
1. Please update the HOTFIX: KB959458 or update your Vista Service Package to SP2.
Hotfix download link: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959458
2. Install the drivers in the order listed as below
a. VIA® HD Audio Driver 7100d
b. NVIDIA® HD Audio driver 184.108.40.206
c. NVIDIA® nForce All in 1 v20.14
3. Install a proper AP, we used PowerDVD 9.0 for tests here.
4. Enter Control Panel -> Sound -> Configure to choose Stereo, 5.1.
5. Enter Control Panel -> Sound -> Properties to set the sampling rate, Max Fs. for Dolby-Digital DTS is 48 KHz.
6. RIGHT CLICK in PowerDVD -> Settings -> Audio
a. Speaker Environment -> Use HDMI (Current Vista Setting)
b. Output Mode -> Non-Decoded DD/DTS to external device.
7. RIGHT CLICK in PowerDVD -> Settings -> Video. Enable Hardware Acceleration
8. As you can see in the picture below, the audio output is Dolby Digital 5.1.
*If you want to output DTS 5.1, please select it in audio menu of DVD.
*For your information, the source of the test is a DVD which supports both DD5.1 and DTS 5.1.