ASRock Ind. BIOS Upgrade Instruction
The Guide of Flashing BIOS under DOS environment
Please refer the below steps to update BIOS under DOS environment.
- Download the BIOS file of DOS version from ASRockind website.
- Extract the file and save the BIOSfile.exe to a bootable USB drive.
- Plug USB drive into the system and Boot up system and press “F11” to enter into BIOS boot menu.
- Select your USB type device to enter DOS environment.
- Under the DOS environment, please type BIOSfile.exe and then press [Enter].
For example: C:\>IMB790~1.exe ->[Enter] as below picture1, and then you will see program is checking model name.
As below picture2, after it finishes, please press any key to reboot.
- After the system reboot, it will start to update BIOS automatically.
Please don’t power off the system during UEFI update.
- After finishing BIOS update, please press enter to reboot the system.
- After the system reboots, please press “F2” or “Del” to enter into BIOS setup page.
In Exit menu, please select "Load Default Settings" and press [Enter] to continue.
Select "Exit Saving Changes" and press [Enter] to exit the BIOS setup utility.Now, system is booting up with new BIOS.
ASRock Ind. motherboard MUST use ASRock's Flash utility to update BIOS, those uncertified BIOS flashing tools will cause motherboard damage.
If you encounter problems while updating the new BIOS, DO NOT turn off your system since this corrupt BIOS might cause your system failed to boot up. Just repeat the process, and if the problem still persists, update the original BIOS file. If the Flash Memory Writer utility was not able to successfully update a complete BIOS file, your system may not be able to boot up. If this happens, your system will need service.