ASRock WiFi-802.11g module is an easy-to-use wireless local area network (WLAN) adapter to support WiFi+AP function. With ASRock WiFi-802.11g module, you can easily create a wireless environment and enjoy the convenience of wireless network connectivity. Therefore, from anywhere within the signal range, you will be able to play LAN games, connect to the internet, access and share printers, and make Internet phone calls easily. Please read this operation guide carefully before you start to set up ASRock WiFi-802.11g module.
Note: To connect ASRock WiFi-802.11g module to motherboard, please plug ASRock WiFi-802.11g module to the WiFi or WiFi/E header* (black) on the motherboard. (The location of the WiFi or WiFi/E header may vary on motherboard models. Please refer to your motherboard manual for the motherboard layout.) To check which model supports ASRock WiFi-802.11g module, please click here. The WiFi header comes in WiFi (2 x 6 Pin) and WiFi/E (2 x 8 Pin) designs respectively, but to plug the ASRock WiFi-802.11g module on it, please align the module connector to the left hand side of the header.
- IEEE 802.11g
- 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54Mbps
- Access Point mode (AP mode): WEP, WPA
Network Architecture Types
- Access Point mode (AP mode) - Station mode: Infrastructure mode and Ad-Hoc mode
- Indoor: 80ft (30m) - Outdoor: 200ft (60m)
*The range varies in different environments
Number of Connected Devices (AP Mode)
- up to 16 stations
- ASRock WiFi-802.11g omni-directional antenna
- Green data transmission (AIR) LED
- Windows® XP / XP 64-bit / Vista™ / Vista™ 64-bit
- Full compatible with IEEE 802.11g standard products
- ASRock WiFi-802.11g Wizard
The specification is subject to change without notice in advance. The brand and product names are trademarks of their respective companies. Any configuration other than original product specification is not guaranteed.